Welcome to Spaceport Associates!
We are a think tank developing policy initiatives related to commercial space, and also provide an educational resource to those interested in space tourism and commercial space exploration. We are proposing joint government/commercial activities to make possible a "Gateway Earth" outpost at the edge of Earth's gravity well. Space tourists would have a hotel there, with vistas of the whole Earth, and a regular taxi service from low Earth orbit using refuelable tugs. The space tourism revenues would help pay for the building and operation of the complex, which would provide a new start and end point for governmental interplanetary missions.
The following papers and essays, and the Mini-Tutorial, provide some insight into the relevant issues.
Commercial Space Exploration
- Everest, the Camps, and the Sherpas
- Bridgehead - Interplanetary Travel Becomes Routine
- Why we Need to Continue with Human Spaceflight
- ITAR Amendment - USML Category XV Impact on Space Tourism
- Space Tourism - Essential Step in Human Settlement of Space
- Inserting the "S" Word: A Modest Proposal
- Getting to the Edge
- Leaving the Cradle
- An Architecture for Survival
- Commercial Space Exploration: No Longer an Oxymoron!
Space Tourism General
- Space Tourism - the Enabler
- The First 100 Years of Public Space Travel
- Space Tourism - History and Importance
- The Future Starts Here ( The Space Review, June 2004)
- Getting There ( The Space Review, March 2007)
- Tourism's Latest Sector - Private Spaceflight
- Space Tourism - A New Field for Space Law
- How to ensure Change you can believe in for the Space Program (The Space Review, January 2009)
- Your Personal Spaceflight Adventure - Have You Got What it Takes?
- A Training Framework for Private Space Travel Operations
- Point-to-Point Sub-orbital Space Tourism: Some Initial Considerations
- Is the World ready for High-Speed Intercontinental Package Delivery (Yet)?
- The Low Potential Market for PtP Passengers