Welcome to Spaceport Associates!
We are a think tank developing policy initiatives related to commercial space, and also provide an educational resource to those interested in space tourism, commercial space exploration and eventual space settlement. We are proposing joint government/commercial activities to make possible a "Gateway Earth" outpost at the edge of Earth's gravity well. Space tourists would have a hotel there, with vistas of the whole Earth, and a regular taxi service from low Earth orbit using refuelable tugs. The space tourism revenues would help pay for the building and operation of the complex, which would provide a new start and end point for governmental interplanetary missions.
The following papers and essays, and the Mini-Tutorial, provide some insight into the relevant issues.
Commercial Space Exploration
- Low Cost Access to Interplanetary Space
- Everest, the Camps, and the Sherpas
- Bridgehead - Interplanetary Travel Becomes Routine
- Why we Need to Continue with Human Spaceflight
- ITAR Amendment - USML Category XV Impact on Space Tourism
- Getting to the Edge
- Leaving the Cradle
- An Architecture for Survival
- Commercial Space Exploration: No Longer an Oxymoron!
Space Tourism General
- Space Tourism - the Enabler
- The First 100 Years of Public Space Travel
- Space Tourism - History and Importance
- The Future Starts Here ( The Space Review, June 2004)
- Getting There ( The Space Review, March 2007)
- Tourism's Latest Sector - Private Spaceflight
- ASCENT Study Executive Summary
- The Adventurers' Survey - Executive Summary
- Futron/Zogby Space Tourism Market Study
- Markets for Orbital Tourism at Low Prices
- The FAA/Tauri/Spaceport Florida Forecasts of 2012
- Space Tourism - A New Field for Space Law
- How to ensure Change you can believe in for the Space Program (The Space Review, January 2009)
- Horses for Courses - Spaceport Types
- Horses for Courses - 2008 Addendum
- Spaceport architectures article